To earn the Camping Badge, complete the following requirements
- Do one of the following:
- (a) Complete 4 days of family camping (they don’t need to be all together)
- (b) Take part in two Cub camps
- Make a list of some safety and hygiene rules for camping and discuss these with your leader.
- Make a list of personal camping gear needed for sleeping, eating, clothing and first aid at an overnight camp. Discuss this list with your leader.
- Describe what to do if lost.
- In any season, do any 5 of the following:
- (a) Put up and take down a simple shelter or tent
- (b) Cook a simple meal over an open fire or portable stove
- (c) Show how to use a compass
- (d) Help in doing two different camp chores or duties
- (e) Show how to properly dispose of camp garbage or waste while camping
- (f) Show how to purify drinking water at camp
- (g) Using appropriate knots, erect a pole or line on which hang your gear
- (h) Show how to keep food safe from insects and animals
- (i) Show how to safely handle a pocket knife or camp saw
- Be aware of and explain no-trace camping.