A. Requirements (any 5)
- Estimate three distances and measuring things by using your body, such as the length your foot, your pace or the top of your thumb.
- Tie and show a practical use for any five knots such as reef, sheet bend, taut-line, bowline, fisherman’s knot, round turn and two half hitches, clove hitch.
- Make a Cub First Aid/Survival kit.
- Make or put together a camp gadget for outdoor use.
- Know what to do if lost.
- Recognize or describe the signs for different types of weather.
- Lay, light and safely put out a fire in the outdoors.
- Show how to use a road or topographical map.
- Tell or demonstrate how to dress for different weather conditions to reduce the risk of hypothermia and reduce your exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
- Know and explain some rules for protecting nature while on an outing.
B. Requirements (any 3)
- Take part in three pack hikes.
- Help prepare and cook a hot meal on a family, six or pack outing.
- Tell or show how the sun, moon and North Star can help you find directions.
- Make or follow a trail of not more than 300 meters using clues, trail signs, a map, compass directions or any combination of these.
- Draw a simple sketch map of a campsite or your Cub meeting place using compass and paces.
- Without harming nature, put up and take down an emergency shelter of your own design.